Artechnē: Intro to Paint Workshop
Intro to Paint is an introductory ‘how to make’ art materials, artechnē course series. This one day workshop will serve as a beginners guide to use of minerals, tools and binders needed to make paint, using locally foraged ochre. The course will teach you how to engage with materials using sensory knowledge and honoring time, using foundations of learning through observational and experimental experiences. From this course:
● Build a creative relationship with various color materials beyond paint.
● Can help creatives to explore a new language with materials.
● This process will evoke creativity, curiosity, connecting to nature, cultural heritage, and thrifty thinking and practices.
The beauty of this foundational course is open to all ages and levels of experience as it will open a gateway of knowledge one can venture further into other mediums, materiality, sourcing and meaningful practices in your artwork and everyday lives.
Students will need to bring a mortar & pestle, notebook and pen/pencil to this workshop.
**This is an introduction to a multi-session course that we will offer in the January-June 2024 season, called Artechnē: The Art and Technology of Paint
- Tuition: $110
- Location: Heinz Printmaking Studio
- Instructor: Eva-Maria Spampinato
- 1 Classes
- Saturday, October 14, 2023
- 10:00AM — 1:00PM