Your Time at Camp Kala Online 2021
More Info About Camp Kala Online Summer Youth Arts Program
We are excited to welcome students each week to Camp Kala Online via Zoom. Our team of educators and staff are here to support our young artists’ creativity throughout the week.
Classes & Instructors
Classes are small, with a maximum of 12 kids for the younger group and 14 kids for the older group. Our instructors are practicing artists, and child whisperers who create fun, responsive and supportive home studio environments for all young artists.
Some camps can accommodate older or younger students but will feature a curriculum targeted towards that particular camp audience. Please contact email@example.com to inquire about this.
No experience in the artistic discipline is necessary for any camp.
10:00- 11:30 am: Morning online studio session (short break/stretch)
11:30 am- 1:00 pm: Lunch and free time to work at your own pace or take a break
1:00- 2:30 pm: Afternoon online studio session (short break/stretch)
You’ll need a computer or tablet, wifi, and access to Zoom. Younger children may need some supervision. Some camps may require more tech need as noted in the camp description. Check out this FAQ for helpful tips.
– Laptop, desktop, or tablet with microphone and webcam inputs. For photo and audio classes, a desktop is preferred.
– Online classes are delivered on the Zoom app, so please make sure to install and test the app beforehand.
– You can download the software on zoom.us
– Also, a strong, consistent, high-speed internet connection. To test your connection visit zoom.us/test
Zoom Link and Login
You will be provided with a Zoom link and login information when you register. Please use this link all week when logging into the morning/afternoon live-streamed sessions. Art activities will be recorded so students can access them if they miss a session. We’re taking recommended precautions to ensure that our sessions are secure. We ask parents/guardians to complete our Online Class Waiver which can be reviewed and submitted by logging into your ActiveNet account before the camp starts.
Online Camp Expectations
– We’ll be sharing work, ideas, techniques, and thoughts together online, cultivating a culture of respect, collaboration, and creativity.
– Please be prompt. Camp will begin at 10:00 am (morning) and 1:00 pm (afternoon).
– Please set aside a safe and quiet space for your child to work at during the week. They should easily have access to their art kits and materials and to any assistance from a parent/guardian, if needed.
– Make sure your child stays hydrated and has snacks nearby, as needed.
Art Supplies & Materials
Art supplies and materials are included in the cost of each camp–you will receive the supply list a week before camp begins. Please make sure you have these materials at home: eraser, pencil, pencil sharpener, and scissors. If you don’t have these, we can add them to the art kit. If you can’t make it during the curbside hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly as soon as possible.
Additional cost to ship art kits in the Bay Area ($15) or Out of State ($30). More info here.
Curbside Pick Up Schedule & Location
Curbside pickup occurs at least a week before the start of camp. Click here for the summer schedule. Curbside pickup will take place at the gallery/lobby area at Kala Art Institute, 2990 San Pablo Ave. Berkeley, CA 94702. Click here for directions.
– All artists must complete kindergarten or TK before the start of Camp Kala.
– Camper younger than 10 years old parental presence is recommended
– Workshop content and teaching staff may be subject to change.
– Weekly tuition includes all materials.
Contact: Kala Youth Arts Education Program
Tel: 510.841.7000 x203 or 510.306.1541 (preferred number while working remotely) • E-mail: email@example.com