Learn More- Teen Studio Program
Classes & Instructors
Classes are small (12-14) and allows for group and individual interactions between students and instructors. Our experienced educators bring unique teaching and learning experiences that students will love as they learn, create, and share together!
Break Dates (Berkeley Unified School District BUSD Calendar)
November 22- 26: Thanksgiving Holiday Break
December 20- 31: Winter Recess Break
April 4-8: Spring Recess Break
• Program Expectations: We’ll be sharing work, ideas, techniques, and thoughts together, cultivating a culture of respect, collaboration, and creativity.
• Workshop content and teaching staff may be subject to change.
• Participants will have their own personal art supplies to use during the program.
• As of Sept 2021, eligible youth participants 12 years and older are required to show proof of vaccination in order to participate in an onsite class.
• Please review the registration waivers and program agreements including the Safety Guidelines & COVID-19 Protocols for youth programs.
• Please be prompt for drop off and pickup. If you’re running behind or early, please contact us.
Please Note: If your child is an individual with a disability and requires an accommodation to participate in a Kala program, service or activity, please contact Gisela Insuaste at 510.841.7000 x203 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enroll in our teen studio sessions throughout the year. In general, we follow the Berkeley Unified School District (BUSD) calendar. We currently do not offer programming during school holidays, no-school days, etc.
Multi-child / Multi-session Discount
Enroll 2 kids, or 2 sessions during the year and save 10%
We are committed to including all families in our youth and family programs. Please contact us to inquire about tuition assistance at email@example.com or 510-841-7000 x203 or apply below.
Cancellation & Withdrawal Policy
Please view our youth arts cancellation and withdrawal policy. Kala reserves the right to cancel any class due to low enrollment or other circumstances.
COVID-19 Update: If the in person class is canceled due to state, county or school health order mandates, or campus incident, families will receive a prorated credit based on the number of days canceled. Kala reserves the right to convert an in person class into a virtual interactive learning experience and adjust program times/dates/fees accordingly; parents can decide to receive a class credit or withdraw from the enrolled program (per our youth arts cancellation and withdrawal policy).
Location: Classes take place in Kala’s Community Classroom or Gallery: 2990 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley CA , 94702 (front entrance on San Pablo Ave). Directions can be found on our website here.
For more program information please contact: Kala Youth Arts Education Program- Tel: 510.841.7000 x203 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org