Discounts, Gift Certificates & Policies
Kala Members at the Artist/Student level and above save 10%. Become a member today!
CURBSIDE PICKUP & SHIPPING INFO
• If you registered for an online youth or family class/workshop that includes art supplies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Curbside pick of art supplies take place at Kala Art Institute Gallery located at our San Pablo Avenue space at 2990 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94702 (Click here for directions).
DISCOUNTS & TUITION ASSISTANCE
• Early Enrollment Discount: Please check specific programs.
• Multi-week/Sibling Discount: Enroll one student in two or more weeks and save 10% off the total tuition. Siblings may enroll in the same or different weeks.
• Discounts may not be combined.
• Kala is dedicated to providing financial support and access to students and families who would otherwise not be able to participate in our programs because of funds. Contact email@example.com with any any questions.
• Apply for Tuition Assistance: Youth and families can apply online if they need additional scholarship support to enroll in a program. Please submit at least TWO WEEKS before the first class. Limited tuition assistance.
SLIDING SCALE TUITION
Pay it Forward: This tuition helps us sponsor someone on a reduced fee. Thank you for paying it forward and supporting our young people in our community!
General Enrollment: This is the basic class tuition which includes supplies, competitive wage for instructors, and admin fees. For our self funded programs, participant fees allow us to continuously offer education in core classes and experiment with new ones. Thank you!
Scholarship I & Scholarship II: Reduced class tuition is reserved for those who would not otherwise be able to take this class because of funds. These tickets are limited, so please select the General Enrollment if this does not apply to you.
Buy a gift certificate online for the Kala class of your choice or for a dollar amount! Let your creative loved ones experience the excellent workshops taught by Kala’s community of professional artists.
We will send you a customized gift certificate that you can use to present as a gift. It will include the gift recipients name and any message that you submitted. The gift certificate will be e-mailed to you as a printable pdf unless you request a hardcopy.
Please note that the recipient (or if it’s a child his/her guardian) will need to enter the coupon code on the gift certificate at checkout. Thank you for choosing Kala Art Institute! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email or (510) 841-7000.
REFUNDS, CANCELLATIONS & WITHDRAWALS Kala reserves the right to cancel any class due to low enrollment or other circumstances. In this case, you will be notified and can either receive a full credit or a refund with a $25 administrative fee. Classes are not prorated, nor session dates individualized for any reason.
Adult Classes $35 administrative fee will be charged for adult class cancellations. If you cancel your registration 14 days before the first day of class, the remainder of your class fee will be refunded, or you can apply your full class tuition as a credit towards another Kala class. With fewer than 14 days notice, you will only receive credit if we are able to fill your spot with another student.
Youth Arts Classes $50 administrative fee will be charged for youth arts class cancellations requested by participant. If you cancel your registration 30 days before the first day of class, the remainder of your class fee will be refunded, or you can apply your full class tuition as a credit towards another Kala class. With fewer than 14 days notice, you will only receive credit if we are able to fill your spot with another student.
Registrations are for a season or full academic year, and days missed due to illness or family travel will not be refunded. Because of our small group sizes, we are greatly impacted by mid-season or mid-year cancellations and withdrawals. Nevertheless, we understand that the needs of families may change during the school year. We request a two-week courtesy notice prior to withdrawals. All cancellations must be made in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all withdrawals (after classes have started), a $75 withdrawal fee will apply. After the withdrawal fee has been subtracted, we will refund any pre-paid tuition, prorated for time not attended after the effective cancellation date, or you can apply this amount as a credit towards another Kala class. Credits need to be used by September 2022. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions. *Please contact specific program for COVID-19 refund or cancellation updates.
Questions about youth art programs, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about adult programs, contact: email@example.com