Learn More- Teen Studio Program
Classes & Instructors
Classes are small (12-14) and allow for group and individual interactions between students and instructors. Our experienced educators bring unique teaching and learning experiences that students will love as they learn, create, and share together!
Break Dates (Berkeley Unified School District BUSD Calendar)
November 20- 24: Fall Break
December 25- Jan 5: Winter Recess
April 1-5: Spring Recess
• We’ll be sharing work, ideas, techniques, and thoughts together, cultivating a culture of respect, collaboration, and creativity.
• Participants engage with others, agree to community guidelines, and participate in program activities and projects.
• Families and participants must review, sign off, and submit the registration waivers and program agreements.
• Limited snacks available during break. Please make note of any food allergies.
• Kala will provide all art supplies unless noted. Please do not bring any unnecessary personal items or supplies.
• Families must sign in/out their child during drop-off and at pick-up times. With signed permission (waiver found in registration) from a parent or guardian, older students/teens may sign themselves in and out.
• Tuition fees are a flat rate regardless of participant arrival/departure.
• Workshop content and teaching staff may be subject to change.
• All participants must be fully vaccinated at the time of enrollment. Masking is recommended at Kala San Pablo though no longer required. Please read our Safety & Health Guidelines for more information before enrolling.
• Please be prompt for drop off and pickup. If you’re running behind or early, contact us. Parents will be fined $1/minute for late arrival.
Enroll in our teen studio sessions throughout the year. In general, we follow the Berkeley Unified School District (BUSD) calendar.
Multi-child / Multi-session Discount
Enroll 2 kids, or 2 sessions during the year and save 10%
Your total tuition will be based on the actual number of days in the BUSD calendar on the day of your program. If you select the payment plan option, 10% of the tuition (based on selected sessions) is due at the time of enrollment, then the balance will be divided into equal monthly payments, regardless of the number of classes in that specific month. Payments are automatically debited on the first day of the month.
We are committed to including all families in our youth and family programs. Please contact us to inquire about tuition assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-841-7000 x203 or apply below.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Registrations are for the program season. Please visit our youth arts refund and cancellation policy for more information. Kala reserves the right to cancel any class due to low enrollment or other circumstances. Please note: Credits need to be used by September 2024. Contact specific programs for cancellation updates, payment plans, and any COVID-19 related updates.
COVID-19 Update: If the in-person class is canceled for a prolonged period of time due to state, county or school health order mandates, or campus incident, families will receive a prorated credit based on the number of days canceled. Kala reserves the right to convert an in person class into a virtual interactive learning experience and adjust program times/dates/fees accordingly; parents can decide to receive a class credit or withdraw from the enrolled program (per our youth arts refund and cancellation policy).
Location: Classes take place in Kala’s Community Classroom or Gallery: 2990 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley CA , 94702 (front entrance on San Pablo Ave). Directions can be found on our website here.
For more program information please contact: Kala Youth Arts Education Program- Tel: 510.841.7000 x203 • E-mail: email@example.com