Kala’s 2021 – FUND-A-NEED
Fund–a–need is the part of Kala’s auction benefit where we come together to raise our paddle to directly support an organization we love – KALA – and to direct funds to critical community needs and art programs. Our goal is to collectively raise $25,000 to support the initiatives below:
– to increase access for artists to Kala’s youth arts programs and adult art classes and workshops. The more money we raise, the more we can say yes to all families and artists who need financial support for Camp Kala, Teen Studio Workshops, After School Studio, Family Workshops, and Studio Education Offerings.
– to foster connections with neighboring public schools (in Berkeley, Emeryville, and Oakland) and community partners (Emeryville Center of Community Life and Youth Uprising) to provide custom-tailored art workshops and residencies – so we can continue to nurture the next generation of creative problem solvers
– to increase artist opportunities and stipends for special residency initiatives including Fellowship, Media Arts, Parent Artists, Veterans, and Public Art/Print Public
– To invest today in anti-racist work and resources to create a long-term holistic approach to diversity and inclusion that is integrated in Kala’s day-to-day and throughout each program
– to support pandemic recovery and resilience as we re-imagine community offerings and move between online, hybrid programs, and in-person program
With your help we can accomplish these goals, continue to provide access to the arts, and more!
Please make your tax-deductible contribution here, call Ellen at 510-520-6438 to make a gift via credit card, or mail a check to Kala Art Institute, 1060 Heinz Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94710. you can let us know if you’d like to designate your support for a specific program or cause.