Art | Kala 2018 Auction
GENERAL AUCTION RULES AND DISCLAIMERS
- You must be at least 18 years of age and able to form legally binding contracts under applicable law to participate in the live or silent auction.
- Unless otherwise noted, all certificates for goods and services must be used within one year of the auction date. All items and services are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the donors.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchange or refunds. Kala Art Institute does not make any expressed or implied warranties or guarantees on auction items regarding quality or value of items or services. Kala Art Institute has attempted to describe and catalog all items correctly, but all items are offered and sold “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS.”
- Kala Art Institute neither warrants nor represents, and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog or made orally at the auction or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty for tax purposes or market value. Items have not been appraised unless otherwise noted.
- Reservations for trip and vacation accommodations must be mutually arranged with the donor unless otherwise noted. No refunds will be allowed on travel packages for canceled tickets and/or accommodations.
- By the buyer’s purchase, the buyer waives any claim for liability against Kala Art Institute, its elected and appointed officials, embers and employees, sponsors, volunteers connected with the auction, and/or the donor of the item. Neither the Kala Art Institute not the donor is responsible for any personal injuries or damage that may result from the use of the property or services.
This catalog lists the fair market value of each item. Any amount you pay in excess of the fair market value would normally be available to you as a charitable contribution for tax purposes. Please check with your tax advisor for specifics.
TO PRE-BID ON LIVE AUCTION ITEMS
- REGISTER FOR A BID NUMBER by purchasing an event ticket here. Tickets are $100 in advance for one ticket, $125 at the door for one ticket.
- COMPLETE A PRE-BID FORM and return to Kala Art Institute. Pre-bids may be submitted in person or by email (email@example.com) and must be received by 12:00 noon (PST) on April 20, 2018. A valid credit card number with all pertinent information must be given to secure a bid. This information is confidential and is asked for security reasons.
- The dollar amount entered will be the maximum bid. Such bids will be executed at the lowest possible increment subject to the reserve price and other bids.
- If your bid is successful and results in a sale, payment for your auction item will be charged to your credit card on file. 9.25% sales tax will be added to the final purchase price. Purchase price does not include shipping or storage beyond one week.
- Payment is due in full at time of purchase.
- If two or more parties submit matching pre-bids, the bid that is received first by date and time will be given preference.
- All sales by pre-bid are subject to the General Auction Rules.
BUY NOW RULES
All sales are subject to the General Auction Rules.
- The on-line BUY IT NOW option ends at 12 noon (PST) on April 20, 2018. If you are interested in this option, please call the Kala Gallery at 510-841-7000 to complete your purchase.
- Work cannot be removed from the wall until the evening of the Kala Gala on April 21, 2018.
- All sales by BUY IT NOW are subject to the General Auction Rules.