Your Time At Camp Kala
Videos from Camp Kala
More about Camp Kala Summer Youth Art Program
Lunch and Snacks
Please plan to bring your own lunch daily. High School students may take a short walk over to the Berkeley Bowl Market, which has a wide selection of prepared foods. We ask that each family bring extra snacks to share one day during the week. A snack-share schedule will be circulated before the start of camp. Snack breaks happen in the morning and afternoon according to the needs of the class.
Outdoor Play Time
Elementary and Middle School students eat and play outside during supervised lunch and break times (weather permitting). Most days we walk to nearby San Pablo Park for outdoor group games and free play. There are plenty of books and indoor activities available during studio breaks throughout the day.
Friday Afternoon Exhibitions
Join us at the end of each week for a gallery reception in the Kala Community Classroom. Families and friends are invited to enjoy an exhibition of student artwork. If you would like to bring a potluck item at this time, it would be most welcome.
Daily Schedule for Elementary & Middle School
9:00 – 9:15 Student Drop Off
9:15 – 12:00 Morning studio session
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch and outdoor recreation time
1:00 – 2:30 Afternoon studio session
2:30 – 3:00 Friday Exhibition
2:45 – 3:00 Student Pick-up
Daily Schedule for High School
9:45 – 10:00 Student Drop Off
10:00 – 12:45 Morning Studio Session
12:45 – 1:15 Lunch Break
1:15 – 4:00 Afternoon Studio Session
3:30 – 4:00 Friday Exhibition
3:45 – 4:00 Student Pick-up
We offer aftercare with Camp Kala staff from 3-5pm. Kids will play, read books and make art in a fun, self-directed, small group context. The cost is $100/week flat fee. We do not pro rate for missed days or early pick ups. This option is available as an option at checkout.
• All artists must complete kindergarten before the start of Camp Kala.
• Plan to pack lunch daily for your student (High Schoolers may walk to nearby Berkeley Bowl West).
• We will set up a rotating snack share schedule before the start of camp.
• Classes take place in Kala’s Community Classroom: 2990 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley CA 94702. Tel. 510.841.7000.
• Workshop content and teaching staff may be subject to change.
• Weekly tuition includes all materials.
Discounts & Tuition Assistance
• Early Enrollment Discount: Enroll before March 1 and save.
• Multi-week/sibling Discount: Enroll one student in two or more weeks and save 10% off the total tuition. Siblings may be enroll in the same or different weeks.
• Kala Members at the Artist/Student level and above save 10%. Become a member today!
• Discounts may not be combined.
• Kala provides limited tuition assistance for Camp Kala students in financial need. To request an aid application, contact email@example.com
Kala reserves the right to cancel any class due to low enrollment. In this case, you will be notified and your tuition will be refunded in full. Transfers are available, space permitting. Classes are not prorated, nor session dates individualized for any reason. All credits must be used within 90 days.
A $50 administrative fee, per child, will be charged for camp cancellations.
If you cancel your registration 30 days before the first day of class, the remainder of your class fee will be refunded, or you can apply your full class tuition as a credit towards another Kala class. With fewer than 30 days notice, you will only receive credit if we are able to fill your spot with another student.
Contact: Jamila Dunn, Director of Education
Tel: 841.7000 x203 • Fax: 510.841.7004 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org