Your Time At Camp Kala- In Person 2021
More Info About Camp Kala Summer Youth Arts Program
We are excited to welcome students each week to Camp Kala! Our team of educators and staff are here to support our young artists’ creativity throughout the week. Camp will take place in the Kala Community Classroom & Gallery.
Camp Hours: For camps (ages 5-11), Kala will be open from 9:00 am- 3:00 pm with participant drop off between 9:00- 9:15 am & pickup between 2:45-3:00pm. For camps (ages 11-17), Kala will be open from 10 am – 4:00 pm with participant drop off between 10:00 – 10:15 am & pick up between 3:45- 4:00 pm.
Camp Location: 2990 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley CA , 94702 (front entrance on San Pablo Ave). Directions can be found on our website here.
Classes & Instructors
Classes are small, with a maximum of 12-14 kids. Our instructors are practicing artists, and child whisperers who create a fun, responsive and supportive studio environment for all young artists.
Some camps can accommodate older or younger students but will feature a curriculum targeted towards that particular camp audience. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about this.
No experience in the artistic discipline is necessary for any camp.
Lunch and Snacks
Please plan to bring your own lunch and snacks daily. Middle and High School students may take a short walk over to the Berkeley Bowl Market, which has a wide selection of prepared foods. Snack breaks happen in the morning and afternoon according to the needs of the class.
Outdoor Play Time
Elementary students eat and play outside during supervised lunch and break times (weather permitting). Some days we walk to nearby San Pablo Park for outdoor group games and free play. There are plenty of books and indoor activities available during studio breaks throughout the day.
Friday Afternoon Exhibitions
At the end of each week, if time permits, we will hang students’ work in the lobby area. Families and friends are invited to enjoy an exhibition of student artwork
Daily Schedule for Elementary School
9:00 – 9:15 am: Participant Drop Off
9:15 am – 12:00 pm: Morning studio session
12:00 – 1:00 pm: Lunch and outdoor recreation time
1:00 – 2:45 pm: Afternoon studio session, includes clean up
2:45– 3:00 pm: Participant Pick-up
Daily Schedule for Middle & High School
10:00 – 10:15 am: Participant Drop Off
10:15 am – 12:45 pm: Morning studio session
12:45 – 1:45 pm: Lunch and outdoor recreation time
1:45 – 3:45 pm: Afternoon studio session, includes clean up
3:45– 4:00 pm: Participant Pick-up
• Camp Expectations: We’ll be sharing work, ideas, techniques, and thoughts together, cultivating a culture of respect, collaboration, and creativity.
• All artists must complete kindergarten or TK before the start of Camp Kala.
• Workshop content and teaching staff may be subject to change.
• Plan to pack lunch and snacks daily for your student (Middle and High Schoolers may walk to nearby Berkeley Bowl West).
• Please be prompt for drop off and pickup. Families will be charged $1/minute for late pickups.
• Participants will have their own personal art supplies to use during camp; art supplies will not be shared.
• Please review the registration waivers along with the Safety Guidelines & COVID-19 Protocols.
• Classes take place in Kala’s Community Classroom or Gallery: 2990 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley CA 94702. Tel. 510.841.7000.
Contact: Kala Youth Arts Education Program
Tel: 510.841.7000 x203 • E-mail: email@example.com
Videos from Camp Kala